To provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment in which to learn and grow.
We value our academic, social and physical environment.
Mitchell Middle School attempts to provide an academic environment where…
- all members become a community of learners.
- learning is recognized as a lifelong process.
- students, teachers, and parents are team members in the learning process.
- students take ownership of their learning and feel free to take risks.
- different learning styles and abilities are acknowledged and appreciated.
- learning is relevant and meaningful.
Mitchell Middle School fosters a social environment where…
- everyone feels safe, valued, and respected.
- there is freedom from emotional and verbal abuse.
- appropriate behaviour is modeled, explained, and enforced.
- there is respect for authority.
- there is a spirit of cooperation, integrity, and community.
- everyone has something to contribute.
- the values of the community are supported and reflected.
- students learn to become good citizens.
Mitchell Middle School hopes to provide a physical environment…
- which is safe, clean, and attractive.
- where everyone takes pride in and ownership of the facilities.
- where nature is respected and cared for.
- We are a Grade 5-8 School with approximately 275 students and 30 staff.
- We offer a broad range of programs including: French, Band, Choir, Art, Drama, Music, Guidance, English as an Additional Language, Home Economics, and Technical Education. We strive to address the academic needs of all students at their level of ability.
- We regularly present special programs such as Band & Choir Concerts, and Science, Art, and Multi-Cultural or Heritage Fairs. We pride ourselves in our big school community events, which include, Staff/Student Soccer, Volleyball, Hockey, or Basketball games and/or tournaments. Our student athletes participate competitively in extra-curricular sports such as Cross-Country, Volleyball, Basketball, Badminton, and Track & Field.
- We are intentional about developing strong relationships between staff and students, and between students across all grade levels.