February 16, 2017
Dear Parents of current Grade 8 students:
Steinbach Regional Secondary School is excited to welcome the newest members of their learning community – the Grade 9s.
The Grade 9 Program sets a strong educational foundation in literacy and numeracy while offering many choices in elective courses and co-curricular activities. Our comprehensive program together with a supportive and caring staff makes the SRSS a great place for students to explore their interests, develop skills, learn and grow. The SRSS is committed to Prepare, Inspire and Empower learners every day.
We are hosting a special meeting of Grade 8 parents and students on Thursday, March 9. This important evening will include a parent/student information session and an open house to explore the school.
6:30 pm – Parent and Student Meeting in the SRSS Gold Gymnasium
7:00 pm – Open House. Come explore our facilities and course offerings.
(Note: for easiest parking access, enter our new parking lot from the east end of Chrysler Gate.)
We expect that you have many questions about Grade 9 at our school. You may be wondering about:
1. SRSS values, purpose and mission
2. High school programming – semesters, credits, start time, lunch hours and timetables
3. Learning and teaching – teachers, subjects, course selection and grade level themes
4. Student expectations and logistics – rules, student handbooks, website, lunch hours and parking
5. Student involvements – athletics, clubs, committees, intramurals and attendance
6. The first day – Grade 9 Orientation Day
These topics and more will be discussed. There will also be opportunity for a question and answer session. We are proud of the achievements of past students and look forward to welcoming your child into our school community.
Please save the date – Thursday, March 9 – for us. Many of our staff will be available to answer your questions and discuss their programs with you.
Grade 9/10 Principal
Grade 9 Vice Principal