Hello! It’s almost time to get started with our new school year! I am excited to get started to see everyone and to meet our new students.
Please watch our school calendar closely to stay up to date with what is happening at Mitchell Middle School everyday. It will be updated regularly.
Some important dates to get started with the school year are:
- August 24, 2017 – School office opens from 9 AM – 3:00 PM
- September 4, 2017 – Labour Day – no classes for students or staff
- September 5, 2017 – Inservice day for teachers – no classes for students
- September 5, 2017 – Meet the Teacher – 4:30 – 6:00 PM. Drop in to tour our school and meet our wonderful staff!
- September 6, 2017 – First day of school! Students should be at school by 9:00. Please bring all supplies and fees. Supply lists and fee information can be found here. To view homeroom schedules please follow this link. (To find your homeroom schedule click classes on the top menu).
- September 11, 2017 – HSD First Note Evening (for students in band)
- September 14, 2017 – Dot Day!
- September 15 and 18, 2017 – Strong Connections (more information to be sent home soon!)
- September 22, 2017 – Character Day
- September 22, 2017 – HSD Cross Country Run #1
- September 28, 2017 – MMS Terry Fox Run (PM)
- September 29, 2017 – Orange Shirt Day
- September 29, 2017 – HSD Cross Country Run #2
MMS looks great and will be ready to go for September 6! Over the summer we moved the swing from the front of the school to the back to make lunch and recess supervision more efficient. We will be creating an outdoor classroom where the swings sat before. The grade 7 and 8 classrooms got Chromebook charging stations installed, a new sound field and projector installed in the library as well. There will be a new sidewalk being constructed in front of the school in the near future.
Please keep in touch and share this with people you feel may like to read about our school start up!
Have a great rest of your summer holiday! Keep in touch and see you soon!
Keep in touch!