Please watch for this letter being sent home with all students today.
September 12, 2017
Over the summer a number of new students enrolled at MMS and a high proportion of them are in grade 7. This created large classes at the grade 7 level. Because of this, the Hanover School Division has approved Mitchell Middle School to hire an additional grade 7 teacher. This allows us to significantly reduce class sizes of all classes at the grade 7 level.
What does this mean?
- We will now have four homerooms at the grade 7 level (an increase from three)
- Grade 5, 6 and 8 homeroom teachers have not changed
- New grade seven homeroom groupings (IE class lists) are being prepared
- Teachers of subjects may change (grade 7 level, grade 6 French)
- The master schedule for all classes will change to accommodate this additional homeroom (grades 5 – 8)
- MMS Staff met with grade 7 classes on September 12, 2017 to share the change of homerooms at the grade 7 level.
- Strong Connections information (expected date of attendance for your child) will be sent home with all grades on Wednesday, September 13, 2017
- MMS staff will be meeting with grade 7 students on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 3:00 PM to let students know if a homeroom changed has occurred
- Current homerooms and schedules will be in place until the end of Thursday, September 14, 2017
The new master schedule will take effect on Tuesday, September 19, 2017
Please contact me at your convenience if you have any questions. Thank you for your understanding and patience.