Dear MMS Family Members,
We as the Student Council, are delighted to inform you that we are starting the Community Christmas Food Drive!
Community Christmas is a time where students can bring in items that can help the people in need in our community. The week is Dec 4th – Dec 8th. Students can bring items that are still in their packages, and are non-perishable such as canned soup, granola bars, crackers, condiments (such as ketchup, BBQ sauce, mustard, etc.), beef jerky and others. Make sure that they are not dairy products, since they will expire very quickly. Also, bread is not acceptable since it will mold very fast. The week is a time to help people in need that do not have the money to buy the food and items that they need during the Christmas holidays. Below are some items that we are suggesting.
- Monday: Condiments- ketchup, mustard, relish, etc.
- Tuesday: Toiletries- shampoo, body wash, deodorant
- Wednesday: Wheat- pasta, crackers, noodles, rice
- Thursday : Drinks- juice boxes, water bottles, tea bags, hot chocolate
- Friday: Breakfast- pancake mix, cereal, syrup, breakfast bars, pudding cups.
Your Student Council,
Landon (President), Samuel (Vice-President), Rachel (Secretary), Seth (Treasurer), Brady (Grade 8 Rep.), Jay (Grade 7 Rep.), Leah (Grade 6 Rep.), Seth (Grade 5 Rep.)