Dear MMS Family Members,
We as the Student Council are delighted to inform you that we are starting the Community Christmas Food Drive!
Community Christmas is a time where students can bring in items that can help the people in need in our community. The week we are collecting items is Dec 2nd – Dec 6th. Students can bring items that are still in their packages, and are non-perishable such as canned soup, granola bars, crackers, condiments (such as ketchup, BBQ sauce, mustard, etc.), beef jerky and others. Please do not send dairy products and bread/buns etc. These items expire and grow mold quickly. This week is a time to help people in need that do not have the money to buy the food and items that they need during the Christmas holidays. Below are some items that we are suggesting:
- Monday: Baby Items- Baby food, wipes, diapers, etc.
- Tuesday: Toiletries- shampoo, body wash, deodorant etc.
- Wednesday: Wheat- pasta, crackers, noodles, rice etc.
- Thursday: Drinks- juice boxes, water bottles, tea bags,hot chocolate etc.
- Friday: Breakfast- pancake mix, cereal, syrup, breakfast bars, pudding cups etc.
Your Student Council,
Violet Yoder (President), Seth Dick (Vice-President), Anenome Toews (Secretary), Malachi Loewen and Cayden Zetaruk (Treasurer), Gavin Neufeld (Grade 8 Rep.), Hayden Moser (Grade 7 Rep.), Nadia Peters (Grade 6 Rep.), Natalie Allmendinger (Grade 5 Rep.)