Late last week I sent home an email about what the month of June looks like in terms of Learning at Home and In School Appointments. The purpose of this email is to talk specifically about In School appointments between the dates of June 8 and 19, 2020. All families are welcome to book an appointment for their child(ren). Some appointments with some students have already been pre-booked.
Details About Setting Up In School Appointments
- Parents/Guardians will gain access to the Parent Portal scheduler on June 3, 2020 at 1:00 PM.
- Parents/Guardians can call the school office at 204-320-9488 to book appointments beginning June 3, 2020 at 1:00 PM
- Slot 1: 1:00 – 2:00 PM
- Slot 2: 2:30 – 3:30 PM
- One appointment between June 8 – 12 per student
- One appointment between June 9 – 15 per student
- 5 students max per appointment slot
- Meetings with teachers inside MMS will be done by appointment only (no walk up meetings/appointments will be considered).
The purpose of the these meetings are:
- Connection and closure
- Academic Support
- Social/Emotional Support
Before arriving at MMS, Entrance to MMS and Exit from MMS
- All students must self screen prior to coming to school using the Manitoba Shared Health COVID Self Screening Tool
- Students must be dropped off at their scheduled time at the school and go directly to the designated entrance for their grade (we would prefer that students do not come to school on their own)
- Grade 5s enter through the Main Doors and go directly to their classroom.
- Grade 6s enter through the NorthEast door and go directly to their classroom (the door by Mrs. Burton’s classroom).
- Grade 7s enter through the Tech Ed door and go directly to their classroom.
- Grade 8s enter through the NorthWest door and go directly to their classroom (the door by Mr. Martens classroom).
- Students visiting the Music Room will enter and exit through the Exterior Band Room Door on the West side of MMS
- Entrance and Exit lines have been placed on hallway floors to guide students to their classroom. Students must follow these lines.
- Students will stay with their appointed teacher, in the classroom, during their entire in school appointment time.
- Parents are asked to pick up their children promptly at the end of their scheduled appointment to avoid loitering and the potential for groups to gather.
- Meetings are entirely voluntary on the part of parents and students.
MMS staff are looking forward to this period of transition as a way to reconnect with some of our students and help others achieve their goals for the school year. We are also going to observe and assess how our social distancing protocols are working and where they may need to be improved before school starts again in the fall. We thank all of our parents/guardians for your patience and support as we have navigated the past ten weeks of home-learning. While June won’t be a full return to school as usual, it is a beginning toward our new normal.
As always, please contact the office, homeroom teachers or me at your convenience if you have any questions.