Hello MMS families!
Thank you to all the grade 8s who came to our drive through farewell yesterday. Grade 8 teachers will be emailing the farewell pictures to families in the near future. We hope our grade 8s enjoyed the visit to MMS to see their teachers and they appreciated the farewell mementos. We wish all of our grade 8s nothing but the best as they transition to high school next year.
For families with children in grades 5 – 7, below is some information about booking transition appointments to meet the new homeroom teacher for 2020-21. New homeroom teachers should have contacted all families recently who have children attending MMS in 2020-21.
All families with current grade 5 – 7 students at MMS are welcome and encouraged to book an appointment with their 2020-21 Homeroom Teacher between the dates of June 22-26, 2020.
In School Appointments can be booked by calling the school office at 204-320-9488, contacting the child’s 2020-21 homeroom teacher or by booking an appointment using the Parent Portal.
- There are three slots to choose from each day:
- Slot 1 from 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- Slot 2 from 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- Slot 3 from 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- The transition meeting appointments will be 15 minute visits during the chosen appointment slot. These appointments are just a chance to meet a child’s 2020-21 homeroom teacher, see the new homeroom, pick up important documents for 2020-21 and give the chance for students to ask any questions they may have about the 2020-21 school year.
- Grade 5-7, 2020 Awards will be handed out during the June 22 – 26 Transition Meetings/Appointments by their 2020-21 Homeroom teacher
- All technology borrowed from MMS (Chromebook/iPad) must be returned to MMS by Noon on June 26, 2020
- Students are welcomed to clear out lockers/take home personal items
- Appointments are for students only
- Students will enter through the 2020-21 Grade door
- Grade 5s enter through the Main Doors and go directly to their classroom.
- Grade 6s enter through the North East door and go directly to their classroom (the door by Mrs. Burton’s classroom).
- Grade 7s enter through the Tech Ed door and go directly to their classroom.
- Grade 8s enter through the North West door and go directly to their classroom (the door by Mr. Martens classroom).
- Important Safety Considerations regarding In School Appointments at MMS
Hope to see many of our grade 5-7 (next year 6 – 8) students next week!