Dear MMS families –
As was detailed in the superintendent’s message that was emailed on Friday, October 8, Mitchell Middle School will soon be hosting a COVID-19 immunization clinic. The date for that COVID-19 Immunization clinic will be Wednesday, October 20. The exact time of the clinic on that day is still to be determined.
Attached to this post is an information sheet from Manitoba Health that provides important information about the COVID-19 immunization campaign. A link to the permission form is found in the attachment. You may also obtain paper copies of the permission form and information sheet in the school office.
Families, please take note of the following information:
- Any child born before Dec 31, 2009 is eligible to receive the vaccine
- The vaccine being administered is the COVID Pfizer vaccine
- Parental permission is required for any student who will receive the vaccination during this clinic
- Please be reminded that this clinic is for the administration of the COVID-19 vaccine ONLY.
- The normal immunization regimen that is administered to Grade 6 and grade 8 students will not resume until November and is not connected to this COVID vaccine clinic
If you wish for your child to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, please sign the permission form found in the attachment and return it to the school by Friday, October 15. A public health representative will pick up all signed permission forms on Friday.
If you have any questions about this COVID-19 vaccine clinic, please do not hesitate to contact us at the school.