We hope everyone had a safe and happy summer holiday! The school office is now officially open and ready to answer questions anyone may have. Drop by, give us a call or send an email and we will do our best to help you. Until August 31, 2018 our school office will be open from 9 AM – 3 PM daily. Once classes begin our regular school hours at Mitchell Middle School are 8:50 AM – 3:45 PM with lunch from 11:55 am – 12:49 PM daily. Our regular office hours are 7:30 am until 4:00 pm daily.
In June a letter was sent home to all families that outlined important information and dates for the start of school. The entire letter can be found here.
The schedule to begin the school year is as follows:
- Wednesday, Aug. 22 – School office opens (9 am – 3 pm)
- Monday, Sept. 3 – Labour Day (No school)
- Tuesday, Sept. 4 – No school. Meet the Teacher 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, Sept. 5 – First day of classes (regular school hours)
- Friday Sept, 14 & Monday Sept 17 – Strong Connections
- Monday, Sept. 24 – Parent Council Meeting (9:00 AM).
All parents are encouraged to attend to meet our Parent Council and learn more about how it supports your children and school activities.
Keep in touch with all the happenings at MMS using a format that you are most comfortable using. These are some of the ways to keep in touch throughout the year:
- Come visit!
- Mitchell Middle School Home Page – https://mms.hsd.ca/
- Twitter – @mmshanover
- Instagram – @mmshanover
- School Office – 204-320-9488
- Mr. Mead Cell phone (text or call)- 204-371-6278
- Mr. Mead’s email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff Email – https://mms.hsd.ca/about/staff/
- HSD Website – https://hsd.ca
For families who registered for the Right at School program, unfortunately there was not enough interest to run the program this year.
Be sure to check out our school handbook which contains all the information to ensure a successful start to the school year. It can be found here and will be updated in the coming weeks.
We are all looking forward to seeing everyone again. Until then, enjoy what’s left of summer!